Tuesday 23 May 2017

MY DESTINY

We understand it better when we become victims. Life is indeed a continues struggle. Till death do the intervention there is nothing like rest.

My name is Ama Amponsaa, the second daughter of my mother but the first daughter of my father.

My parents were divorced when I was at the age of ten I was the second child and the only for my mother before she lost her marriage to another woman. My father took everything from my mother including the things she brought into her marital home. I wanted to go with my mother but my father refused to let me go with her because he believes my step mother will be able to take care of me.
My step mother was living peacefully with me until she gave birth to a set of twins a boy and a girl then she started maltreating me and I even became the maid servant of the house.

Life became so unbearable to the extent that I couldn’t even have enough time for my studies. My father was never disturbed about my suffering. His attention was centered on my step brother and sister.
One early morning while I was busy with my chores..
, I overhead my step mother telling my father to stop catering for my education because it’s consuming his money I see nothing good in her than a house wife. My husband I suggest you stop paying her fees and allow her to help me with the chores so that she can learn how to cook. My step mother said.
I ended my education at the age of 15 and life became so unbearing for me and it was as if the world has come to an end . I always cry when I see my mates in uniform going to school. My brother did not experience these sufferings because he was able to go with my mother.
One morning I asked my father if he was happy seeing me everyday in the house without any good education, he responded Amponsaa what benefit will you derive from schooling?  Instead of staying home to help your mother with the chores, you are there worrying your head over school. In any case, even if you complete your SHS I won’t use my hard earned cocoa money to send you to any tertiary institution.
Father please have mercy on me. I pleaded
Amponsaa you better leave my sight and get something meaningful doing. He yelled.
I was so worried why my little ones are in school and I am ask to drop out of school.  The living in my fathers house became so unbearable that I had to run away.
I went to rich friend of my mother called Untie Vero, I asked her the where about of my mother she sadly told me my mother went to Libya and has since not returned or called her, says Auntie Vero. So she decided to further my education after narrating my story to her which I was very excited even though my mates were far ahead of me, but I never gave up. Auntie Vero my mothers friend helped me withe necessary things needed for my education and by God’s grace I completed SHS and I passed with a distinction and I agained admission at Pentecost university college.
During my education at the university, I met a guy called Fiifi Adjei we were getting along well and he was so helpful in diverse ways towards me, he later proposed to me which I accepted and we got married in level 400 first semester.
Through all my pains in life God blessed me with a good husband and I was a first class student with a very good job which I was earning a good salary as well and life became happier there after.

Name; Ernestina Adu-Gyamfi
Index; PUC/150015

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS POLITICS?

Many people think politics is where the elite and most influential people use their wealth to rule the poor. Others also perceived that thr...